22 Oct How Often Should You Run an SEO Audit?
Auditing your site is important to stay compliant with the latest requirements from Google and keeping your content relevant. But how often should you run an SEO audit? You want to enhance your user experience, so you climb up the search engine results, but it can be time-consuming. This is why we’ll outline exactly when you should do an SEO audit below.
The Importance of a Website Audit
Google often changes its requirements needed to stay on the first results pages, and you have to keep up. Looking for things like broken links and refreshing them, speeding up your page load times, adding high-quality internal links and doing routine keyword research is all part of SEO for a website.
Ideally, you want to use Google Search Console to scan your entire website at least once a month. Google Search Console has a host of free tools that you can easily use to scan your website for issues. You should periodically monitor your website throughout the month before performing a full SEO audit. This way, you can catch issues before Google penalises you and optimise your meta titles and landing pages.
What to Watch for When Auditing Your Site
There are a few important points to look for when you perform your site audit. They include but are not limited to:
- Meta Descriptions and Titles – Your meta information should be a good indicator of what people will find when they click on your site.
- URL Structure – Keep your URLs short, concise and add a keyword or two that relates to your business or products.
- Text Formatting – The page title should be in H1 format with subheadings in H2 or H3.
- Content – Your content should have a good flow, be relevant to your products or niche and not have stuffed or random keywords scattered all over.
- Linking – You can link to your site from reputable sites and link in your site to relevant product pages. Don’t include a mess of links that don’t add value to the content.
- User Friendliness – Your users should have an easy time navigating around your page. Once they get to your landing page, you should have a layout that makes sense.
Ready to run an SEO audit?
If you need an SEO expert, we’d be happy to perform a comprehensive SEO audit on your website and help you fix any issues.